Re: xjed and keypad, pc-select-mode

<nicolas.burrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I'm a new (x)jed user, and I got some problems with keypad and xjed.
>
> [...]
>
> What do you get with >Help>Show_Key for the Keypad keys (without your
> workaround)? Some strings like "\eOp", "\eOq", ...?

Yes, I get similar strings.

> In this case, a different workaround would be
>
> 1. expand the keydefs.sl file to set up symbolic names for the
>    keystrings, and
> 2. bind these to the desired action.

> The advantage of this approach is, that in a different keymap you can still
> have special bindings to the KP-keys (e.g. in some modes KP_Enter starts a
> calculation or compiling, or KP_Subtract removes a selection...)

Thanks, I prefer your solution too.

> > BTW, why #ifdef XWINDOWS and not XWINDOW ?
>
> Maybe becouse you normally open more than one window? ;-)

:) :)

> > Do you know any equivalent of emacs's pc-select-mode, I can't find some,
> > and I'm going to write one if it doesn't exist yet.
>
> Actually, I don't know what emacs's pc-select-mode is, but if you are
> looking for marking a region with Shift-Arrow, there are two modes that
> provide this:
>    wmark.sl   % the one included in the jed distribution
>    cuamark.sl % my version (IMHO the better one :-), to be found at the jed
>                    modes repository (http://jedmodes.sf.net/devel)

Here is an extract of emacs pc-select-mode features :

C-LEFT and C-RIGHT move back or forward one word, disabling the mark.
S-C-LEFT and S-C-RIGHT move back or forward one word, leaving the mark behind.

[...]

HOME moves to beginning of line, disabling the mark.
S-HOME moves to beginning of line, leaving the mark behind.
With Ctrl or Meta, these keys move to beginning of buffer instead.

[...]

S-DELETE kills the region (`kill-region').
S-INSERT yanks text from the kill ring (`yank').
C-INSERT copies the region into the kill ring (`copy-region-as-kill').

In fact it behaves like the dos "edit" program I think. In addition with
emacs standard keybindings, it's quite fine to use.

I've done a jed file doing this yesterday in
http://www.epita.fr/~burrus_n/jed/  but I'm not very satisfied with it, I'd
like to factorize the code. It comes with an xwindow-keys.sl which add my old
keypad workaround (to fix), and adds Ctrl-Shift-* sequences.

> > Last thing, is there an equivalent of "C-c C-\" binding in emacs (add
> > slashes at the end of each line of a region, useful in C macros
> > definition) ?
>
> I don't know, but it should be fairly easy to program.

Ok, I'll do it as soon as I have a little time :)

--
Nicolas Burrus