no accented characters in Windows

	Dear friends,
	I have just found out about Jed, started using it and it seems to be very good indeed. But, of course, I am having a few problems, I've read a lot of documentation and tried to tweak everything I could find, to no avail. I hope you can help me.
	First off: my environment. I intend to install a Linux box soon. So far, I use Windows and use a lot the Linux shell account at my Web hosting provider. I connect to my shell account with Putty, through SSH. My problems are:

	1 - As I intend to use Linux and Jed a lot in the future, I decided to install it in my Windows box so I could learn how to use it and get used to it. Installation was fine, it works very well, except for accented characters:
	- if I run wjed, I can insert and view all accented characters. But I don't want to use wjed because it is too different from its Linux counterpart. Besides, I cannot access the menu bar items with Alt or Esc. They can only be opened with the mouse. One option down.
	- if I run jed386.exe, I can insert all accented characters except the tilde. E.g.: ã and õ. You should probably be warned that I use a Brazilian ABNT2 keyboard. I can insert all accented characters except the tilde, but I cannot view any accented characters whatsoever in existing documents. All accented characters become weird symbols.
	- if I run jed.exe, I can neither view or insert accented characters whatsoever.

	Is there something I can do to use accented characters in jed.exe or jed386.exe?

	My second question involves the lack of syntax color in PHP, but I'll post it in a separate message since this mailing list can be searched by thread.

	Thank you.
	Luciano Espirito Santo
	Santos - SP - Brasil