Re: strange behaviour with SuSE8.0

Klaus Schmid <klaus.schmid@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Yes, there is something. I found
>but yet not sure what happens/happened here:
>
>ks@linux:~> ls /etc/jed* -l -A
>-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          392 Mai 16 20:10 /etc/jed-defaults.sl
>-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           39 Mär 25 20:35 /etc/jed.conf

Remove these files.  They were installed by SuSE and are not
distributed with jed.  Your double loading problems will go away.

>For future release I feel initialization conventions should be a bit
>more simpler and transparent, but not less powerful.
>Wouldn't some changes be worth the effort in the long run?

The problem is that the various linux distributions have complicated
the whole jed initialization process and have done it incorrectly.  I
believe the new debian versions of jed work properly but I need to
double check that.  Perhaps Charl Botha, who is the current debian jed
maintainer can comment more on this.