character set problem?

I have a weird problem.

I use jed as my editor in slrn & mutt. I've used it for a while and it works
great... :)

However I want to use wjed instead because I get some benefits like
rezisable windows, more colours etc etc.

Now here's the problem. When I'm going to write a new mail mutt ask's to
whom I'm going to send the mail and asks for the subject.

If I write swedish characters in the subject they will turn up weird when
the article opens up in wjed. But any swedish characters I write in the body
will look ok.

Then if I send the mail and recieve it in mutt it will be the opposite!
The characters in the subject line looks ok and any characters in the body
is screwed up...

Help

::michael