Re: jed limits

Guenter Milde <G.Milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>OTOH, I would like the elegant solution (of course). If there were a
>delete_keymap(map) function or if copy_keymap could overwrite an
>existing keymap, the limit of 30 keymaps were no problem.
>(Feature Request :-)

I had forgotten about the copy_keymap restriction.  The keymaps are
handled via the slang library, which is on a different schedule from
jed.  I will add a delete-keymap function to the library but I cannot
say when that would be available.

Perhaps I should add a function to jed that returns what is in the
keymap via two arrays, e.g.,

    (keys, functions) = get_keymap_bindings ("global");

Then you would able to implement overwrite_keymap via something like:

    define overwrite_keymap (src, dest)
    {
       undefinekey ("^@", dest);
       array_map (Void_Type, &undefinekey,
                  array_map (String_Type, &char, [1:255]),
		  dest);
       array_map (Void_Type, &definekey,
                  get_keymap_bindings (src),
		  dest);
    }

Also by having get_keymap_bindings, I would be able to remove
"dump_bindings" from the C code and put in in a .sl file.