Re: [slang-users] Fwd: True Color (24 bit color) escape sequences support

Антон Кочков <anton.kochkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since there was no answer to my previous message and to this day
> support of the TrueColor is wide, I'm sending the new message to this
> mailing list, asking to support those 24bit color escape sequences.

The patch was integrated into pre2.3.1-35.  The NEWS file contains:

  The SLtt interface has been modified to support 24 bit (true)
  colors.  Until the next major release (version 3), this feature is
  available for 64 bit Unix/VMS systems to keep binary compatibility.
  Support for 32 bit systems will be added in version 3.

  Since not all terminals support true color, and it is not supported
  by terminfo, 24 bit color is disabled by default.  A list of
  terminals that support true color may be found at
  <https://gist.github.com/XVilka/8346728>.

  To indicate that a terminal supports true color, set the value of
  the environment variable COLORTERM to either "24bit" or "truecolor",
  e.g.,

      export COLORTERM=truecolor

  Then to use 24 bit color in applications such as jed and slrn, use a
  24bit RGB value in the form "#RRGGBB" as the name of the color.
  For example, to set the color of the status line in jed to AliceBlue
  (#F0F8FF) on a SlateGray (#708090) background, use

      set_color ("status", "#F0F8FF", "#708090");

  in the .jedrc file.  In slrn, to set the color of the author name to
  the above colors use

      color author "#F0F8FF" "#708090"

  in the .slrnrc file.  Also note other character attributes may be
  specified, e.g., "#F0F8FF;italics;underline".