Re: [slang-users] Anybody listening?

Am 19.08.2019 um 17:42 schrieb John E. Davis:
Bernd Eggink <bernd.eggink@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is S-Lang still actively maintained? I have some questions concerning
the readline part.

Yes, it is actively maintained.

John,
I'm glad to hear that!

On my (German) keyboard, the Home and End keys don't work. Could that
can be changed (in a reasonable amount of time)? I'd try do make a
patch, but need a hint where to start.

What application are you using slang in?  Or are you developing your
own application?

I'm writing S-Lang scripts on MS Linux, so it's just slsh, no embedding. (Have used Lua before, which is also a nice language, but completely without "batteries").

Or can the readline part simply be replaced by Gnu-readline?

slsh may me compiled to use GNU readline but that is separate from the
one in the slang library.

I'd do whatever is easier, changing/adding key codes or re-compiling slsh.

Regards,
Bernd