[slang-users] Italic text

Hi Slang developers,

Rxvt-Unicode has had italic support for many years now, and recently VTE
(the terminal engine of gnome-terminal and many others) also added
support.  It is activated by \e[3m.

I've talked to ncurses's developer and he said he'll consider adding proper
support for this flag in ncurses (and maybe support in xterm, too).  In the
mean time, I've come up with a proof of concept for SLang and MC, so now I
can have italic letters in my midnight commander.

Could you please see my patch, and add official support to slang?

I attach the patch; for the MC stuff please visit
https://www.midnight-commander.org/ticket/3065

Thanks a lot,
egmont