[slang-users] Working with S-Lang arrays

Hello list ...

The code below is some initial attempt at working with arrays, and
the S-Lang language in general.

Is the code substantially correct, or is it indicating that I may be
heading for a punji-pit??

As well, I see that S-Lang has several ways of sending output to
screen - print; printf; message; vmessage. The `print' function
works to output numeric data only (it seems). However, I can't find
any docs on it?

-----------------------------------8<----------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/env slsh

% This is a comment

variable i;
variable a = @Array_Type(Integer_Type, [10]);
a[[0:4]] = 11;
a[[5:9]] = 22;

% compare using "_for"  - vs- "where" to edit array elements

message("At init-time, the array contains:");
print(a);

_for i (0, length(a)-1, 1)
	if (a[i] < 12)
		a[i] = 10;

message("the array now contains:");
print(a);

message("After using the \"where\" construct, the array now
contains:");

a[where (a < 11)] = 11;
print(a);

% Let's see if "where" can be used like "foreach"

message("\Walking\" through an array with \"where\" ...");
print( a[where (a)]  );

Thanks ...

--
Duke