[slang-users] GIF module for S-Lang

I'm pleased to announce that a GIF module for S-Lang is now available:

	space.mit.edu/cxc/slgif

SLgif provides a high-level interface to the GIF format, supporting
the easy creation of S-Lang arrays from GIF files and vice versa.
One of the most useful features of the module is that it provides a
lightweight mechanism for reading and writing movie-like animations,
in vectorized fashion: multiple image frames may be written to, or
read from, a GIF file in a single call.  This feature is now used
in the "imdisplay" visualization tool bundled with SLgtk (and to
be released shortly).

Low-level I/O is handled internally through bindings to GIFSICLE, much
of which may be called directly from SLgif, although most users should
need only two functions in the interface: gif_read() and gif_write().

Regards,
Michael S. Noble