[slang-users] Re: overlong space/tab in command-line revisited

Hello,

[slang-users: sorry for my first post being a crosspost, but I'm
not sure into which "department" this belongs]

* Christian Ebert on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 10:52:28 +0000:
> * Thomas Schultz on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 07:10:00 +0100:
>> IIRC, the error
>
> It's /only/ a display problem; functionality is not interfered
> with by it.
>
>> you are getting there is related to pressing <Space> on
>> a slrn command line/minibuffer, right?
>
> Almost. This was from my example. I try to update the symptoms as
> best as I can:
>
> It happens when entering the first (and only the first) <Space>
> or <Tab> (eg. for path completion) on the command-line, not only
> after ^X<Esc>, but in any command:
>
> Paste from GNU screen:
>
> #v+
> Temporary file (^G aborts): La                                                                                                                      /Users/chris/LaTeX/
> #v-
>
> displays as:
>
> #v+
> Temporary file (^G aborts): La
>                            /Users/chris/LaTeX
> #v-
>
> no matter how wide the terminal is.
>
> Pressing after execution ^L always clears the display of the
> additonal line.
>
> This is reproducable in Apple's Terminal.app and Xterm, with and
> without GNU Screen.
>
>> Have you updated to slang 2.0.7?
>
> $ slsh --version
> slsh version 0.7.7-1; S-Lang version: pre2.1.0-4
>
> It happens when I compile S-Lang with GNU readline as well -- but
> this might concern slsh only.
>
>> According to the changelog, John did some work on the readline
>> interface, so maybe it was some bug that he now fixed.
>
> I cannot reproduce it slsh, but this might be the wrong place to
> check.

Playing around with:

$ slrn --version
Slrn 0.9.8.1pl2 [2005-02-17]
	* Note: This version is a developer preview.
S-Lang Library Version: 2.0.0
                        ^^^^^

I found out that this does *not* happen with an /earlier/ version
of S-Lang. Perhaps this gives some clue about what's going on.

Make Slrn newsreader read MIME (Python required):
<http://www.blacktrash.org/hg/SlrnMime/>