Re: [slang-users] USIng the LIST inside of C ...

Ben Duncan <linux4ms@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Thanks ... would something MORE abbreviated like the following Work?

Almost.  If you want a list, instead of

>get_mutlivalues( 33 ) ;
>MyList = __pop_args (_NARGS);

use:

  get_mutlivalues( 33 ) ;
  MyList = __pop_list (_NARGS);

or if you omit the calls to SLang_start/end_arg_list, you can just use:

  MyList = {get_mutlivalues( 33 )};

Keep in mind that this method makes use of the slang stack with a
fixed size.  The default stack length is 2500 and cannot currently be
changed at runtime.  The code was written in such a way to easily
permit me to add such functionality but I have never needed it.

If your objects are just strings, then I encourage you to use an array
of strings.  Then the stack size would not be an issue, and you will
be able to use a number of the array-based intrinsic functions such as
"where".  Then you will be playing to the strengths of the
interpreter.

Good luck,