Re: [slang-users] Re: need to send signals two times

=?UTF-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg?= Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Does jed (and jed-script) suffer from the same problem? This explains,
>why my process doesn't read and quit. I think the return from fopen() and
>the SIGHUP happen nearly at the same time or the return from fopen() a
>little bit before. So the fopen() is suspended again, but nobody ever
>does open the pipe.

If you can tell me what you want to happen, I may be able to make
other suggestions.  Do you want the fopen to block until a signal has
been received?  Do you want SIGHUP to cause the process to exit?

>> Incidently, you might find it interesting to compare the slsh version
>> with the corresponding C version, which is appended below.
>
>Do you mean the C code look nearly the same as the SLang code?

It is nearly identical but SIGINT or SIGHUP do not cause the fopen to
be interrupted.  This is because the default signal disposition is to
restart the system calls.