Re: [slang-users] Keyboard modifiers

Hello Leslie,

 On Wednesday, June 28, 2006 at 11:33:28 +0200, Leslie Polzer wrote:

> Shift+TAB returns the same value as TAB with the terminals I have
> tested. Is there any way to change this behaviour, apart from
> switching terminals?

    For the Linux console, the usual way to add the <BackTab> key
support is by loading an additional keymap at startup:

| #	loadkeys /etc/kbd/backtab.map
| #
| Shift keycode	15		= F100		# Shift-Tab (or BackTab)
| string F100	= "\033[Z"

    It's so common that it's even already accounted in the official
terminfo database linux entries: They declare "kcbt=\E[Z". Ready for
binding thru the "<BackTab>" symbolic name in Slrn, Mutt, USW...

Bye!	Alain.