Re: [slang-users] Optimizer

Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>do_check();
>cleanup();
>if ( () )
>
>stkcheck reports in these cases many false positives which makes it
>difficult to find real stack zombies. Can SLang optimze
>
>variable tmp = do_check();
>cleanup();
>if (tmp)
>
>to the code above?

In general, no.  For example, slang has no way of knowing what if (())
is refering to: a value left by do_check, or one left by cleanup.  I
think that you will be better served in the long run by using the
latter form.  Also I believe that tic/toc will show you that very
little is gained by the former.