Re: [slang-users] slcurses

Alan Szlosek <alan.szlosek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>After installing s-lang I noticed an slcurses.h file in my include
>folder. It looks like the intention was to implement an s-lang version
>of the nCurses interface (functions, defines, etc). I tried linking
>-lslang and using the function in slcurses.h but had no luck.

The reason slcurses.h and slcurses.c exist is that it allowed me to
use a number of curses-based test programs during the development of
the SLsmg routines.  It is not fully compatible with curses and as
such, I do not recommend the use of slcurses.  Stick with the SLsmg
routines.

>Is this still a work in progress?

No, but it is still maintained.

>I'm interested because it's always nice to have alternatives. Are
>there any other viable alternatives to nCurses that you are aware of?

curses? pdcurses?