Re: [slang-users] Question about SLANG_HAS_KANJI_SUPPORT feature

Rafal Muzylo <merlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What did that feature do in pre-2.0 versions of slang ?

It added support for Kanji terminals.  I see that there is no comment
in sl-feat.h indicating that the Kanji support in slang-2 is broken.
It worked in slang-1 but I have no idea how well.  Most apps that make
use of the SLtt interface do so through the higher-level SLsmg one.
However, the slang-1 SLsmg functions know nothing about multi-byte and
double width characters.

>Is it still necessary in post-2.0 in UTF-8 mode and in not-UTF-8 modes ?

I see no reason for it in UTF-8 mode.  To what extent is Kanji being
replaced by Unicode?

>If so, is it going to be fixed, cause as far as I can tell those three
>code blocks missed the moment when SLsmg_Char_Type  stopped being
>unsigned short and became a struct.

Feel free to send me patches to correct the problem.  Unfortunately,
other than making sure it compiles cleanly, I will not be able to test
the patches, nor would I trust myself to perform such tests.