Re: [slang-users] Database Opinons wanted ...

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:11:56 -0600, Ben Duncan <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Those who know how to write B+Trees/DBM or got a
> good general idea of database operations

> Tell me what you think of this one ?

> http://www.coyotegulch.com/products/itzam/index.html

I've downloaded it and have a made an embryonic slang module for it, which
you can find at http://www.cheesit.com/downloadfiles/slang/itzam.tgz

It's a rather low level library, and the documentation isn't too well
edited - what to think of

itzam_btree_iterator_move_next

  Move to the previous record in sequence. If the position is at the
  beginning of the list, it returns ITZAM_AT_END.
  Return Value
    ITZAM_OKAY if the function succeeded
    ITZAM_AT_BEGIN if the iterator is already at the end of the list
    ITZAM_UNKNOWN the function failed; datafile is in an unknown state

Anyway, I think this could be used to make a kind of MV database module,
maybe I'll do some more work on this in the next few weeks.