[slang-users] possible returns values for where

Hi all,

This is more for a sanity check than anything else.
I'm reviewing a slang script written by someone else
and trying to decipher a section of it. The author of
the script does essencially the following
    index = where (x < y);
    if ((length (index) == 1) and (index[0] != -1)){
As far as I know there's no way for the 'where'
function to return a negative value. But I wanted to
double check before I took it out.

Thanks.

-joe