[slang-users] SLAG update and information.

Ok, first kudo's for Paul for writing the tdb interface.

Unfortunately I have discovered a severe limit in tdb in that it allows
only one open for each file per process ID. Accounting programs usually can and
do have the files open multiple times (And A/R aging routine is a prime example).

For news, The "versaccounting" group I belong to has decided NOT to renew it's Appgen
VAR status. I have a contract with the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries
and Parks for support of the AppGen system they have in their
central distribution center (handles all in bound and out bound inventory and stores).
It WAS scheduled to expire in October and since I am no longer a "official"
VAR of Appgen was NOT going to be renewed.

However, they have renewed it thru June of 2006 with the condition that SLAG and
it's applications be ready to replace it as of June 2006.

Now all I have to do is come up with a embedded database engine for SLAG.
I am looking at possible adapting GDBM to a Multi Value environment and use my
own locking semaphore routines.

Any suggestions, ideas' and other notes of interest are will always be appreciated!

Thanks ...

--
Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"