[slang-users] SLAG .. SLAG ... SLAG !!!!

Yippe .... I am on the downside of the SLAG screen and Menu routines.

I even converted and OLD MCBA Cobol program's screen parameters
and got a SCREEN's displayed. Next I am going try an Appgen Screen
parameter definition.

What I have got done:
  Complete Menuing System that has the ability to Quick Select
  programs while on the menu system.

  Screen Driver routine that handles the screen painting for "ROOT"
  as well as WINDOWS.

  Ability to MAP function keys to "S-lang" routines in a callback
  fashion.

  Complete functionality for keyboard and/or Mouse navigation.

Am going to be testing the data entry routine latter today ..

Need to write:

   A generic formatting routine to create formatted output that would
   work with both the SCREEN and eventually Report routines.
   (i.e. Tell it is a "N12,3" which means Numeric of 12 spaces with
    commas and contains 3 decimals, or D4 which means date of MM/DD/CCYY
    and so on and so on ... )

   A Scroll / select routine to allocate a scrollable region on the screen.
   Although, I must confess, it may be easier to do this within S-Lang itself.

Just thought I'd post this little tidbit ....

--
Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"