Re: [slang-users] incomplete typedefs in slang.h

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, John E. Davis wrote:

 It must be created by a call to SLregexp_compile.  The resulting
 opaque pointer can be passed to the other SLregexp routines.  When
 finished with it, call SLregexp_free.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I am not an s-lang programmer. I was just trying to get the jed source package from my distribution to compile with slang-2. I incorrectly assumed that this was a slang bug, while it seems that it is jed that is somewhat outdated. Oh well... I must remember to RTFM next time.

  Exposing the fields to such objects would be a Bad Thing.  Opaque
  pointers are Good Things.

Thanks for the clarification. At least now I know that it's rgrep I have to patch, instead of slang.

Thanks for your time,

Theodoros Kalamatianos