Re: [slang-users] slang 2.0.1 released

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 03:25:23AM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:

> The biggest "issue" that cropped up concerned the use of namespaces
> when a file was implicitly loaded into one.  In such a case it was
> possible for the private symbols of one file to conflict with the
> private symbols of another.  The fix involved the complete
> separation of static and private namespaces.

How compatible is this supposed to be?  I linked JED with it, but am
getting lots of errors such as

add_files_popup_with_callback already has static or private linkage in this unit
push_defaults already has static or private linkage in this unit

Also something like
static variable mode = "help";

if (_featurep(mode))
  use_namespace(mode);
else
  implements(mode);
provide(mode);

now gives the error "mode is undefined".