[slang-users] SLang_getkey() question

Greetings,

I am making a simple CW Tutor using SLang, PortAudio and the D
programming language. I am using SLang at this point not for it's
ability to extend my application but for it's cross-platform text user
interface.

My question is a simple task. What's the standard way of accomplishing a
simple line editor? The ability to do something like :

Name : [...........]

In the [...] enter your user name. Now that's the end goal and I already
have a working copy that is SUPER simple. It supports adding characters
and using the backspace key to take characters away. That's about all I
need right now except for the ability to capture F1-F12 keys. That's
where I am running into problems.

I can setup a complicated IF tree that processes each keystroke checking
for 27, then 79, then 81, etc... but is that the right way? I have never
written editing controls before, so please excuse me if this is a simple
question.

Thanks!

Jeremy Cowgar