Re: [slang-users] invisible char for EOL?

Mack Stevenson <mackstevenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I would like to output an invisible char to the screen to mark the end of
>each visual line, but all seem to be translated into spaces. Is there an
>easy way to remember where each visual line ended?

I am not sure what you mean.

The role of the screen management routines is to find the
most optimal way to update the physical screen so that it looks like
the visible on.  To do achieve this it uses escape sequences to move
text around on the physical display.  However, if your terminal
can display a character such as 0xA0 as a blank, then you might try
calling

   SLsmg_write_string ("\xA0");

at the end of each line.

How do you intend to access this "invisible" character once it has
been written out?