RE: [slang-users] Re: unicode (was Re: Minor error message change)

Hi John,

> Version 2 will no longer be distributed under the perl artistic
> license.  It will be distributed under the GPL, not the LGPL.

I don't suppose you could be persuaded to choose LGPL instead of GPL?
Because... if I try to add a new intrinsic, then won't that also have to be
covered under the GPL too? According to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLModuleLicense it will have to
be... and that could cause 'complications' if S-Lang 2 is used to wrap
non-GPL code (because doing so wouldn't be allowed under the GPL licence,
but under LGPL it would be).

> As far as the changes go, the most extensive one involved the addition
> of UTF-8 support throughout the library, including the interpreter.

Great!

[snip]
> I hope this gives you an idea of some of the things to expect in the
> next version.

It certainly does... can't wait to see it.

David