unicode (was Re: Minor error message change)

Pavel Roskin <proski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>If TERM is not set, S-Lang prints "TERM environment variable needs set"
>(see sldisply.c in s-lang 1.4.9).
>
>It just don't sound right to me.  How about "TERM environment variable is
>not set" or "TERM environment variable needs to be set"?

Many of the error messages are old and stem from a time when I tried
to get all global data to fit in 64K.  I am reviewing all error
messages for slang 2.

BTW, I did not see my email about unicode appear on this list, and I
suspect that I was not the only one.  For that reason, I am including
it below.  Thanks, --John