Readline terminal input

Hi All,

I want to write a small terminal program that just reads a few line inputs.
Um, how do I do a 'readline' input?  gets?

Do I open a file STDIN for read, then use fgets?

I didn't want to 'take over' the terminal with smg.
Anyone written a module/wrapper for gnu readline?

This kind of thing needs to be in the docs somewhere, simple line input.
I'm interested to know how others are doing this task.

Thanks,
Joe Robertson
jmrobert5@xxxxxxxxx