Re: Half-baked initialization for TERM=linuxfoo

Pavel Roskin <proski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It uses this information for defaults when it cannot find the
>> appropriate terminal entry.
>
>I understand that. I'm not against workarounds in general, but in this
>case, hiding the problem is not really helpful IMHO.

  The alternative would be to exit indicating that the terminal does
  not exist in the database.

[...]
>Many other variables are not set (Cls_Str, Curs_Pos_Str,
>Visible_Bell_Str, Curs_Up_Str, Rev_Scroll_Str, Del_N_Lines_Str,
>Add_N_Lines_Str, Term_Init_Str, Term_Reset_Str ... to name a few).

Many of these do get set in the SLtt_set_term_vtxxx function which
gets called if the terminal does not exist in the database but is
known to be vt100 compatible.

Later this week I will download the mc source and try to see what is
going on.  The arrow keys should work because the SLkp_init function
uses hard-coded results for vtxxx arrow keys as well as entries from
the terminfo database.