Re: Fix for "ugly border" bug

Hello, John!

> I believe that the bug may be in mc itself.  Let me explain.  In
> mc/src/color.c, you will find:

That's the reply I was hoping for! Thank you for finding the bug!

> The problem with this is that the "me" attribute may reset the
> alternate character set, which is exactly what happens based upon the
> untic output you sent me.  I would try replacing the above code
> fragment by
>
>    SLtt_set_color (DEFAULT_COLOR_INDEX, NULL, "default", "default");

Yes, it works!

Just one question. The documentation (slang-1.4.4/doc/text/cslang.txt)
says that the third and the forth arguments to SLtt_set_color must be one
of the 16 colors. "default" is not mentioned there.

I understand you are proposing to rely on undocumented behavior. I even
think that the original hack was written exactly because there was no
documented way to associate the default colors with a color pair.

I'm applying your patch now, but I hope that the documentation for
SLtt_set_color will be updated in the future versions of S-Lang.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin