Slang problems ?

Hi,

I played intensively with Slang last months on SCO OpenServer 5.0.2
and on Linux. I used Slang terminal handling functions to write a
user interface in my program.

Well, it is a really great library, but at least I founded two little
problems with it.

They appear on my SCO OpenServer. There is a problem with
reading SLtt_Graphics_Char_Pairs var when an ANSI SCO terminal is
used. By default acsc string begins with '0' (character zero) for
ANSI term on SCO. But because Slang strips leading padd information
it strips this very important '0'. This is a big problem for not
experienced users (who don't know how to change acsc).

The second problem is with send_attr_str() func. Slang has the following
code in it :

if ((ch != ' ') ||
    /* it is a space so only consider it different if it
     * has different attributes.
     */
    (attr & BGALL_MASK) != (Current_Fgbg & BGALL_MASK))

If  ch is a space it considers it different when attributes are
different. But it does not check the alternate character set mask
because BGALL_MASK does not contain it.
The result is that on SCO almost always spaces are displayed using
the alternate character set (in which it is not space), because as
I think, SCO uses an Enter_Alternate_Char_Set and Enable_Alt_char_set
interchangably. The Midnight Commander look pretty strange with this.

I changed

    (attr & BGALL_MASK) != (Current_Fgbg & BGALL_MASK))

    (attr != Current_Fgbg)

and now it works OK, but I am not sure this is a proper fix.

with respect to Your work
     Marek Paliwoda
    paliwoda@xxxxxxxxx