Slang C API

Hello all,

I'm working on creating a text UI module for the Pliant language (url below
if you're curious). I decided to use slang as a base because of its cross
platform capabilities. After having finished a basic wrapper around the
documented C interface I found myself wondering where the rest of it was.

After digging through the code a bit I was wondering why the SLcurses part
of the library wasn't covered in the documentation and considered a basic
part of the C API. At the C level it seems that this compatibility layer
adds a higher level interface for certain things and would be very useful
(particularly the window struct abstraction).

I'm basically curious about whether I could mix the normal slang C API and
the slcurses C API. Any reason why this wouldn't work?

I should note that I'm not interested in slang as a scripting language,
just as a cross platform alternative to curses.

Oh... one other unrelated question. Is the slang library thread safe?

Thanks.

Pliant URL: http://pliant.cams.ehess.fr/

--

John Eikenberry