Re: unicode ?

Kikutani, Makoto <kikutani@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I read somewhere in the source tree that slang-2.0 will support unicode.
>
>I'm using localized(Japanized) slang lib for jed.
>So I'm interested in how multi byte characters will be
>handled in 2.0.

I plan to implement unicode via the UTF-8 encoding.  I cannot say how
many functions such a change will involve.

>Is there any snap shot ?

I have nothing yet.  However, someone on the mutt-dev mailing list
hack UTF-8 support into the screen management portion of slang.  See
the link off of

   http://www.rano.demon.co.uk/mutt.html

for the UTF-8 version.