[jed-users] Dino's diff mode

I've been using this to review some big porting diffs recently (MANY thanks
for making the job more pleasant) and kind of wishing that there was a way
to do the equivalent of 'patch -p1' and have the diff_get_source_file_name
function strip off the "a/" or "b/" that git prefixes the file names with,
to avoid having to manually adjust the path every time you want to do
anything with a file.

Before I start hacking, has anyone else encountered this and come up with
an improvement?