[jed-users] Re: Concatenating arrays

John E. Davis <jed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do you intend to use the result?  For example, could your code use
> a list of arrays?  That is, instead of c = [a, b], could you code use
> c = {a, b}, which is a list of 2 arrays?

The idea is that I would like to include lines from different
files in a single array to complete from. E.g. in a markup mode
where you have a mixture of ordinary text and markup syntax
grammar, I would like to both complete on regular words and
e.g. whole markup syntax constructs where the syntax is
expanded upon completion, so it would all have to go into the
same array, but the one array will be formed from two different
files.

Maybe a function like fgetslines () could be modified to return
the lines in a file as a list as an alternative to returning
them as an array? Then you could use list_concat () to
concatenate the lists. I suppose that would happen in the blink
of an eye?

Thanks,
Morten