Re: [jed-users] DOS Executable

If you cannot find one, look for a retro version of VEdit. I used to use that on DOS.

https://www.vedit.com/

VEdit 6 I believe is what you want. https://vedit.com/downloads/vedit60.pdf

I think I threw out all my floppy based software during last office cleaning. I actually had user manuals and everything.

Then again, if you can dig up a 5.25" drive you can probably find a used software shop selling MSC 6 which came with Programmer's Workbench.

If all else fails there is always Borland Turbo C

https://archive.org/details/msdos_borland_turbo_c_2.01

There are quite a few retro places selling software now.

If you do pull down one of those free Borland Turbo products that can be found online, find a copy of DataBoss and kick the tires.

On 5/21/20 7:12 PM, Louis Ciotti wrote:
Is there a dos executable out there?  I am getting in to “retro” computing and would like to use JED on an old MS-DOS machine?

—
Thanks,

Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions