[jed-users] Problems with shell.sl on OS X

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with the emulated shell on OS X (the one defined in
shell.sl and invoked using M-x shell, not the slang shell). Whenever I try
to run command that reads from stdin (e.g. cat), the whole thing just hangs
and I have to kill jed manually by sending it a signal.

This is really strange because this line in shell.sl

133 # elifdef UNIX
134                                "(%s) 2>&1 < /dev/null",

suggests that shell commands on OS X are already directed to use /dev/null
as fd 0.

any advice?

Thanks,
Gregory