Re: [jed-users] Re: getkey ()

Morten Bo Johansen <mbj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The get_keysequence () function does not work for my purposes.

I do not see why it wouldn't.  Did you account for the fact that
get_keysequence() returns a string and not an integer?

> I am trying to make a completion function that is something
> like this:
>
>    switch (getkey ())
>    { case 9: loop over words in completions array one by one }

Here you would use:

    { case "\t": loop over words in completions array one by one }

 (or "\x09" or "\011")

Regarding the difference between _getkey and getkey, the following
from changes.txt may help:

Changes since B0.99-16 [...]
188. src/misc.c: Made changes to the getkey and ungetkey intrinsic
     functions so that they will work with wide-characters when in
     unicode mode.  The old byte-based behavior is still available via
     the _getkey and _ungetkey functions.  This change was required to
     make isearch unicode-aware.