Re: [jed-users] whitespace?

On 15.09.16, Ryan Swan wrote:
> Thanks to John E Davis and Roland Hughes for the help with the keycode mode.

> In nano, if I view a .c file, I can see unnecessary whitepace highlighted.

> For example:

> int foo(void)
> {
> 	int x = 1;

> 	return x;
> }

> after the int x = 1; line there is a tab.  Nano will highlight this.

> Can jed?  If so, how?

See for example "diffmode.sl" in http://jedmodes.sf.net/mode/diffmode

The rule is

  dfa_define_highlight_rule("[ \t]+$",       "Qtrailing_whitespace",   mode);

and it requires DFA highlight mode.

BTW: I also have (locally) a function to remove all trailing whitespace:

% Trim buffer but keep multiple blank lines:
public define trim_buffer_lines()
{
   % remove whitespace at end of lines
   push_spot_bob();