Re: [jed-users] xjed, ubuntu 14.04 and keyboard input

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015, Jens Wilhelm Wulf wrote:

Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 21:29:29 +0100
From: Jens Wilhelm Wulf <jens_w2@xxxxxxx>
To: jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jed-users] xjed, ubuntu 14.04 and keyboard input

Hello John,

In a terminal window, please try the following experiment:

  $ export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
  $ xjed

Does the above have any effect?
No, xjed still receives no input (GNU bash 4.3.11).

I did not have xjed installed.  When I use jed I use it in a gterm.
However I was curious and I am running 14.04, so I installed xjed and
get no input in the xjed at all, even after following John's suggestion.
I also do not get the menus by typing F10 or ESCm.

Best regards,
Jens

  R.Stewart(Stew)Ellis,Ret.Prof.Appl.Soc.Infrmtcs  Kettering University/
  Liberal Studies Dept. ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  ()    ___________________
  Flint, MI 48504                            /\   /   _____  ______
  Webmaster emeritus:  www.kettering.edu         /________/ /  /  / /