Re: [jed-users] Re: find begin/end of block with python mode?

On 24.09.15, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Thu 2015-09-24 (21:31), Guenter Milde wrote:

> > Werbung: I recommend using the extended python mode from jedmodes.sf.net.

> What is better with that?

In short:

  with integrated help (using pydoc) and "workbook mode", an interactive
  python session attached to a buffer (using ishell).

Long answer: (from changes since version 2.0 in
 http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/mode/pymode/pymode.sl)

%       - detect use of Tabs or Spaces for indentation
%       - py_reindent() now honours continuation lines
%       - new function py_help (needs the pydoc module)
%       - interactive python session with ishell
%       - py_line_starts_block(), py_line_starts_subblock(), py_endblock_cmd():
%         fix false positives with lines starting with e.g. "passport"
%         (words that start with a keyword). (modified patch by Peter Bengtson
%          and Jörg Sommer)
%       - use indent_hook instead of binding the TAB key
%       - various small twiddles
%       - use comments.sl instead of special commenting functions
%       - added mode menu

%       - Auto-determine the indent-string from first indented code line
%     	  (as emacs does and PEP 0008 recommends)
%     	  The custom variable Py_Indent_Level is the fallback value, giving the
%     	  number of spaces per indent-level or 0 for "indent with tabs".
%     	- py_indent_line() honours continuation lines
%	- many bugfixes after unit testing, e.g.
%	    electric_colon - return 0 if colon is in a comment
%	    dfa error flagging: allow imaginary numbers (1j or 1J)
%	- added and updated documentation
% 	- leave the TAB value as is (so hard-tabs will not show as '^I' if
% 	  indentation uses spaces)

% 	- new function browse_pydoc_server()
% 	- added True and False keywords
% 	- py_indent_line() keeps point

% 2.1.6 2007-12-05 - implement Jörg Sommer's fix for DFA highlight under UTF-8
%                  - Python_Use_DFA custom variable
%                  - cleanup and fix of DFA rules

% 2.2   2008-12-12 - Special modes for Python help and Python output,
% 		   - new mode-menu item "Fold by indentation",