Re: [jed-users] jed for Win2K

Hi,

An easy way is to use my installer. It is a bit old (well, time is
relative!), but you can find it here: http://sauroblog.blogspot.it/.

If you want something newer, and you are brave enough, you can try a recent
installer built a month ago:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_JelIuQb-1XMmptWDJGVGk5VHM/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this helps,

Dino
Howdy,
    I've been using Jed for a few years now in Linux and am pretty
pleased with it. If I could figure out how to make it AutoIndent the
way I want, keep the lines I'm looking at when I invoke sed or awk
instead of jumping to the end of the file and lock files so I don't
end up editing the same file in two different VTs, it would be
wonderful. In spite of these minor headaches Jed's the best I've found
so I decided to install it on my Windows 2000 machine. I downloaded
jed-0.99-19.tar.bz2 and decompressed it to look over before putting it
on the Win2K machine but find no executable. jed-0.99-19/INSTALL.pc
leads me to expect three exe files jed, jed386 and wjed.exe, instead I
find vms/ and w32/ directories and the only executables are:

mike@/deb73:~/tmp> find . -iname '*.exe'
./jed-0.99-19/bin/w32/g32shell.exe
./jed-0.99-19/bin/w32/w32shell.exe
./jed-0.99-19/src/mkfiles/mkmake.exe

So I guess I have 2 questions:
    1)  Where do I find the executables?
    2)  Is the latest suitable for windows 2000?

Thanks,
Mike
--
I've reached the point where when I wake up and it doesn't hurt someplace
    I think I've died.