[jed-users] SOLVED

When trying to compile slang-pre2.3.0-111 under Windows 7 Professional 64bit using mingw32, it turned out that the required mkmake.exe was missing from

C:\Program Files (x86)\slang-pre2.3.0-111\src\mkfiles\

where it used to reside.

A copy of mkmake.exe from a previous slang version wouldn't help. Windows wouldn't let it run despite juggling between compatibility options.

Its source file mkmake.c is available on the above directory but wouldn't compile with the required directive

gcc -DWIN32 -DSLANG_DLL=0 -I.. ./mkmake.c ../slprepr.c -o mkmake.exe

On top of all that, the directive spouts out the same error messages when trying to compile mkmake.c under ubuntu 12.04 64bit!!!

Workaround. Find a Makefile for slang src on some recent WinXP installation, edit it, put it in

C:\Program Files (x86)\slang-pre2.3.0-111\src\

or whatever the top slang install directory you are using. Run mkfiles\m32init.bat from the top slang install directory.

It worked for me leaving out slsh and modules. Otherwise you will have to recover the old Makefile for them as well.

Wanted: an  mkmake.exe  that does what is supposed to do.