Re: [Jed-users-l] wrapping line

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM, bartek <panki20@xxxxx> wrote:

> I need to force jed to wrap the text to the lenght of the terminal when
> I start jed script.php. Probably jed is linked to mode c  but Im not
> sure. In jedrc I have set up WRAP-DEFAULT=2000
>   Syntax is gone when I push esc x and enter text-mode and that's all.

You probably do not want jed to wrap lines when you write source code
in any language.  Jed "wraps" lines by inserting newline characters,
which turns a single line into two separate lines.

Jed is not able to display long lines by just wrapping the display.  I
believe John said in recent email that he wanted to add the ability to
display a single line across multiple terminal lines, but that ability
does not exist at present.

If, however, you do want to wrap lines of PHP/C source code, you'll
need to set the wrap bit.  See below for an example you may be able to
adapt.

-Parke

%  Some alternative ways to disable word wrapping
%
%  method 1 - set wrap length to INT_MAX
%
%    WRAP_DEFAULT = INT_MAX;
%
%  method 2 - unset the wrap bit
%
%    define global_mode_hook (mode) {
%      variable flags, name;
%      ( name, flags ) = what_mode ();
%      set_mode ( name, flags & ~1 );    % unset wrap bit
%
%  method 3 - install a custom wrapok_hook that returns 0
%
%    public define custom_wrapok_hook ()  { return 0; }
%
%    public define global_mode_hook ()  {
%      set_buffer_hook ( "wrapok_hook",  & customwrapok_hook );