Re: [Jed-users-l] "display" tab characters

Dear John,

John E. Davis wrote:
>   Highlight_Whitespace = 3
>   set_color ("tab", "default", "green");

Ingenious -- thanks!

I've been using jed for quite a while by now, but there are always
further gems that I wasn't aware of... :-) I should probably study the
archive of this mailing list for more hints I haven't seen yet...

Yesterday, I started a function to copy the content of the current
I couldn't define a highlighting rule for these arrows /on top/ of the
highlighting associated with the first buffer's syntax_table.

> tabs and spaces are treated the same when part of trailing whitespace
Although `Highlight_Whitespace' is supposed to be a bitmapped variable,
I don't mind if I cannot distinguish trailing tabs and blanks, because I
(try to) remove them anyways.

Cheers,

Manfred

P.S. How did you know that I like green background for tabs...? ;-)