Re: [Jed-users-l] How to redefine a function?

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> when inserting a quote in LaTeX-Mode two single backticks are inserted
> before or two ticks after a word. As I use csquotes, I want to modify
> it, so it inserts "\enquote{" before or "}" after it (without the
> quotation marks of course).
>
> To do so, I have changed this part of tex_insert_quote() of texcom.sl:
[...]
> Well, it works as I wished for - but how can I make this change
> permanent now, without changing the original texcom.sl? I suppose I
> have to redefine tex_insert_quote() somewhere in my home-dir but I do
> not know how and where.

Here is one way: define your own function in your .jedrc file, e.g.,

   define my_tex_insert_quote ()
   {
      .
      .
   }

Then create a latex_mode_hook that binds a key to that function:

   define latex_mode_hook ()
   {
      local_setkey ("my_tex_insert_quote", "\"");
   }

Good luck,