Re: [Jed-users-l] Restore position of cursor when opening file

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It would be even nicer if JED could remember the last edited file of a
> set of files when loading these files (e.g. with "jed *.tex"). Does JED
> have such functionality, e.g. as a form of "project management"?

If you are using pre0.99.20-16 or later, then simply load session.sl
from your jedrc file and follow the instructions (extracted from
session.sl) appended below.

If you are using an older version, then I strongly encourage you to
upgrade to the latest development version, which you can get from
<http://www.jedsoft.org/snapshots/>.

I hope this helps.
--John

% jed session save/restore
%
% This file contains functions may be used to save and restore the
% partial state of a jed session.  By partial, it is meant that only
% the names of the files that are associated with buffers, the
% positions within those buffers, and some of the buffer flags are
% saved.  Other state information such as undo information,
% paste-buffers, etc are not saved.
%
% To use this file, add the following near the end of your .jedrc file:
%
%    require ("session");
%
% Then when jed starts up with no filenames specified on the command
% line, it will attempt to load a session file from the startup
% directory.  The files specified in the session file will be
% subsequently loaded.  If jed is started with one or more files given
% on the command-line, the previous session will not be loaded, nor
% will the current one be automatically saved.
%
% By default, no session will be loaded or saved unless the startup
% directory contains a session file.  To initiate the saving of a
% session, you can either execute the save_session function, or create
% an empty session file in the startup directory.  If the save_session
% function is used, then the directory associated with the *scratch*
% buffer will be used for the session file.
%
% The name of the session file may be set using
% the Session_Filename variable.  The default value is ".jedsession".
%
% The Session_Exclude_Patterns variable is a list of regular
% expressions that are matched against a filename.  If a filename
% matches one of the patterns in the list, that filename will not be
% saved to the session file.  The function session_add_exclude_pattern
% may be used to add patterns to this variable.  Also, buffers that
% have the buffer-local variable save_session defined and set to 0
% will not be saved, as well as any buffer whose name begins with a
% space or '*' character.
%
% The format of the session file is very simple.  It consists of zero
% or more lines formatted as:
%
%    filename|linenumber|column|flags