[Jed-users-l] tyro help

Howdy,

    I'm just starting out with jed and trying to get .jedrc setup
for my preferences. As jed starts up there is a flash of red across
the bottom of the screen that disappears as jed opens the file. I
suspect that there are error messages since some of the setkey
settings I've defined aren't working but can't trap those error
messages.
    Suggestions on how to do so?

    When I look at the jed mailing list page I see where I can
download several years list archives a month at a time but don't
find a way to search the archives nor to grab all of them for
reading offline.
    Did I miss something? I can write a little scraper to grab
the whole archive a file at a time but that seems like a lot of
trouble if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Mike
--