[Jed-users-l] Problems and more problems

Hello to John and all,

As announced last week, I've decided too upgrade my various jed instances
from 0.99.13.

On mac OS X Lion: no problem whatsoever. I could Install a 99.19 Version
with no problem, and everything is working (after a bit of tweeking to
completely disable the menu,as usual). Being finally able to edit UTF-8 is
awesome.

On Windows, however, I've been losing the better part of the day. I've been
using the Cygwin binaries of 99.19.101 available here:
http://www.jedsoft.org/cygwin/

No go. I've been trying to tweek the various sl files for hours and still I
get error messages. The "require.sl" file is nowhere to be found, and I
just cannot see where on earth such an inexistant file is being called
from. I've even downloaded the very latest snapshot and compared the
lib/*.sl files with those of 99.19.101. Same problem. What is it with this
require.sl ??

(I noticed that in older distros the file bytecomp.sl did indeed try to
load a phantom "require.sl", but not anymore)

Best regards,

Alain