Re: [Jed-users-l] calendar command, overwriting basic functions

Hi Stew,

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:39 PM, R. Stewart Ellis <ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am running ubuntu 10.0.4 LTS with their packages of jed, jed-extra, etc..
> It shows Jed 0.99.19U on the modeline.
>
> When I try to run the calendar function a couple of odd things happen.  One,
> if I type M-ecale<TAB> I am prompted with two instances of calendar.

I guess jed-extra added a completion for "calendar" even though there
was already a completion for it.

> Same thing happens if I try to run calendar from the menu.
>
> I believe I am on the track to solve the problem.  The debian packagers do
> some magic which ends up with both /usr/share/jed/lib/cal.sl and
> /usr/share/jed-extra/drop-in/calendar.sl defining a public function named
> calendar.

I guess they also add an autoload for the calendar function from
calendar.sl.

> I would actually like both functions, so I am going to have to figure out
> how to name them so they do not clobber each other.

calendar.sl is not meant to be run from JED.  If you want to manage
your appointments from JED, the functions for that are in cal.sl and
diary.sl.  Try adding a line
autoload("calendar", "cal");
to your .jedrc.

Paul